This page is currently under construction. Among the content you can look forward to include:
- Existing market overview. What commodities are shipped in? What is shipped out? Who are the major customers?
- The benefits of shipping freight by rail; specifically, the hard-core numbers.
- List of visionary politicians who bravely support freight rail solutions.
- List of short-sighted politicians who do NOT support freight rail solutions.
- Links to documents, publications, papers, studies and reports regarding freight rail solutions.
- Comparison of New York City's and Long Island's outmoded industrial buildings versus other parts of America.
- History of the New York Connecting Railroad, Hell Gate Bridge, and Oak Point Link.
- Interactive maps and Google Earth overlays (KML files) showing the existing Long Island Rail Road infrastructure, customers, commodities shipped, and additional information.
- History and demise of Sunnyside Yard A, a major blow to freight rail in New York.
- History of the Alameda Corridor connecting Los Angeles to the Port of Long Beach, an ambitious freight rail project that's an inspiration for us all as we continue to push for the New York Cross Harbor Freight Tunnel.
- Much, much more as our site and organization continue to develop. Stay tuned!
Facebook | Twitter